View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 02:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Have you had a recent CT-SCan? Can you post the results here? We'd like to see what's going on if we can.

What has your neuro said about the swallowing issue? Does he think you're crazy about THAT? He'd have to be an idiot to not be concerned about it! YOu can't go on without being able to swallow! These doctors give me such a PAIN! How would THEY like it if they had to live like this? I get so sick and tired of hearing terrible stories like this -- these doctors have GOT TO WAKE UP! Their patients are going to commit murder if they don't!! And I wouldn't blame them either! I get pretty darn sick of my OWN doc ignoring me. ARRGGHHHH!

First of all you are going to DEMAND BETTER TREATMENT! I hope you're not meek and mild, because you're going to have to get strong!! These doctors are NO BETTER THAN YOU ARE. Don't let them intimidate you! They put their pants on the same as you do! YOU are paying THEM -- therefore YOU are the BOSS. They work for YOU. If they aren't listening, tell them to SIT DOWN -- you have something to talk about! Then TELL them that you need BETTER pain treatment -- better medications, cause your pain is out of control, and this is unsatisfactory and NO ONE should have to live like this!!! Tell your doc that you were told this second surgery was going to "fix" you and it was going to make you feel better, and nothing could be WORSE!

You need better treatment and you want it NOW. What are they going to do about it? Ask him that!! And make him give you a good answer! You don't want some double talk -- you want some answers! I talked to MY doctor like this, and I GOT some answers = plus I got some pain treatment too! Better meds & better pain relief! So don't be afraid. It does get results, and you'll feel better about yourself. God bless & take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote