View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Johnmax,

You can always post to me on here or pm me if you want. I usually check in daily.

The first thing I would suggest is to have dental panoramic xray done to see where that piece of gutta percha is or isn't lingering in the sinus before doing any Friggy Flip turn sinus flush(!!) upside down or right side up ;>.

Root canaled teeth are such a PITA for so many reasons but one of the most bothersome reasons is that once the bacteria from those infected teeth settles in the sinus cavity it can leave a chronic sinus problem for the remainder of that persons life. I hope that is not the case with you!

But seriously before doing any sinus flush.... get that xray first.
Also, what might help you in the long run too is to seek the help of a nutritionist or naturopathic physician who can guide you with some helpful suggestions on how to deal with a chronic sinus issue. We tend to think of our sinuses as separate organs from the rest of the body... but in reality the health of our sinuses depends a lot on our digestion and the balance of our intestinal flora.

Let us know the results of the panoramic xray...

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmax View Post
Hi Bryanna,

I am new to this board and could not figure how to post to you directly, hopefully you read this message.

For the past 7 months I have been suffering from a sudden onset of sinus pressure behind and around the eyes. I had 5 root canals and I decided to have all 5 removed by a true, by Dr Huggins highly recommended biological dentist/surgeon. I/We anticipated some problems due to the length of my #14 root. In short, once they got on to the root, they were having problems with extraction because the roots were so brittle. They finally got to the tip which was not perforating the sinus membrane, but the Gutta Percha was. They had some real problems with the remaining Gutta Percha(that was sticking out of the sinus membrane) and (I guess there was only a little tip of it left) so the surgeon cut around it and pushed it through into the sinus cavity. She said the sinus perforation was pretty good size so be careful for 2 to 3 weeks. They covered the sinus perforation with GelFoam and sutured the extraction site.

It has now been 3 months. The surgeon assured me that the Gutta Percha would just flush out with my mucous. Well I never noticed anything metal/hard piece come out, but on the first night of surgey(i was still doped) there was a big glob of blood and junk that I hacked up..... Since then I have not noticed any communication, drainage In/or Out, of sinus/oral/nose area. It still periodically aches a bit, but is pretty much healed over and pink now.

Well since I still have chronic sinus pressure/dry crusty nostrils/and prone to sinus infection(this was all due to pre extraction not post). Is it safe to do a Friggy Flip Turn Sinus flush(where I flip upside down to get the saline solution in my upper sphenoid/Ethmoid sinuses).... or do you think its possible that the little piece of Gutta Percha will go up into those upper sinuses with the flush and get stuck up there creating more serious problems. And also, will the sinus flush somehow cause problems with the sinus preforated area and have some odd 3 month delay sinus/oral communication(which I think i have read online somewhere) ?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote