View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 05:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingitback View Post
This is completely normal following concussions. The first 3 months were the worst for me. There isn't much a Doctor can do except monitor your progress and perform cognitive, balance, and physical therapy if you need it. Your best bet for the depression symptoms is the therapist. I saw a therapist for a year following my concussion and it has improved my life for the better. He/she will help you develop strong coping skills and will provide a source for you to vent these overwhelming emotions that come with being hurt, such as the personality changes and the social isolation. My physiatrist considered antidepressants in low doses for me, but I chose to remain drug free. Time, good sleep patterns, healthy eating, and good thoughts are the best things for recovery. Its hard for others to understand that you are injured because their is not a scar or a cast. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Ride it out, it will be tough, but it wont last forever.
You experienced the "flat" feeling your first three months? Were you ever able to feel happy in that period? I can't even when I try. Where did you get hit?
LostinTime987 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote