View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 08:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous View Post
At the risk of boring everyone to death, I am reviving this thread.

My constipation has gotten worse. Nothing is moving. This week, my gastroenterologist gave me a sample of Linzess (linaclotide), which I have not tried yet. On Monday, I am seeing a new gastroenterologist.

Since I started this thread, I tried and had great success with triphala, but that stopped working for me.

This is a strange condition. Nothing short of an episode of mild food poisoning will get me going. If the cause turned out to be neurological, that would make some sense, but it's just a guess. Also, my gastro. ent. said that sometimes with age the colon/interines get very "relaxed," lose tone, appear very long, etc.

All thoughts welcome on this.

Thanks!
I have thought that my CMT probably caused my lifelong constipation. I have had it since infancy, being regularly dosed with Fletcher's Castoria. Constipation is a side effect of CMT, which my pain meds don't help, but Miralax does work for me, fortunately. I hope that you can find something that helps.

I deeply sympathize with anyone who has to suffer with this. Before being told to take Miralax, I was in terrible pain from hemorrhoids and finally internal fissures which were incredibly debilitating.

I would caution anyone with respiratory problems to be very careful of Amitza. My mother, who was a hypochondriac and never would leave a doctor without a prescription badgered her Gastrologist into giving her something. Of course he had no idea of her only real problem, which was COPD. She almost died from it, spent two weeks in the hospital and months recovering. It was horrible, especially considering that the package inserts said not for the elderly or patients with breathing problems.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Idiopathic PN (06-23-2013)