View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 10:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have CRPS of the bladder. It spread there after an injury to my L5S1 and left foot 2nd metatarsal base fracture. After a couple surgeries and minimal physical therapy, I was left with CRPS. I did not know though. I had to wait the precursory amount of time and visit a certain number of doctors. Once the CRPS was diagnosed, my urologist said, oh yeah, all your bladder problems are connected to the neuro problems caused by the CRPS.

My symptoms include frequent infections, burning pain, fever, but I have hematurea (blood in the urine), pressure, inability to urinate/empty all the time. When i get an infection my Doctor calls in an antibiotic for me. In order to prevent the infections, I catheterize 3 times a day. Cathing is really not too bad. You can buy disposable catheters through an online pharmacy fairly inexpensively. Your nurse can describe how to insert the catheter, and in short time it becomes second nature.

I do NOT take ketamine yet. I am researching it as an option. I do have a lengthy list of medications that I am on. To list a few: fentynal patch, baclofen pump and oral, oxicodone, tizanidine, there is another 'T' I can't remember the name, cymbalta, lyrica, zipsor, and the list goes on...

Hope this helps. Open to more questions; just ask.
Hope you will be feeling better soon.
- Injury 2004 L5S1; 2nd metatarsal left foot fracture; left hip fracture
Djhasty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote