View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 01:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default O Bands in CSF and blood serum

Hi,
I am new here and I do not know if I even belong here. I have myasthenia gravis (mg) and my neuro suspects a second autoimmune disease because of my symptoms which are not common to mg. In January I had a migraine that sent me to the ER. Since then I have had sever right eye pain, pain in my hand in the beginning, but this has gone now, but I have pain in my right foot. Sharp stabbing pain usually. Sometimes it is numbness or hot/cold, but lately it is just very short pain, when I get up and stand on it, it feels like I am standing on a rock. I have had a MRI which was negative. My lp came back with o bands in my csf, I do not remember the number, but indicated a moderate amount that would say I have MS. The only thing is I also have a High amount in my blood serum, almost 1900, and normal is around 1600. My neuro says then I do not have ms because if it was ms it would only be in my csf. I am neg for lupus, sjogrn's, lyms, and everything else under the sun. I have a very unsteady gait, which I almost fall daily. Even as I write this, I am having right eye pain, burning sensation on top of my right foot, and pain on the bottom. Another things I have noticed real recently is I am having a hard time forming my words. I do not know if this is my mg or something else. What I am trying to find out is if any of you have o bands if both your csf and in your blood serum. I have done some research through my University online and I does seem possible if you have them in your csf that you can have them in your blood. I would love any input anyone could add pleasse.
Nummynow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (06-23-2013), SallyC (06-23-2013)