View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 01:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desinie View Post
My neuro said that spinal lesions do not cause pain right at the spot that they are located. My MRI also showed some degenerative changes in my cervical and thoracic spine.

My neuro told me the pain I have was caused from the degerative changes and to take NSAID's for 10 days as a trial to see if that helped , to do yoga and to apply heat to the area. None of this has helped much. Do any of you have a similar problem, pain in this area? What do you do that helps? The past few days the pain seems to be worse again. It's PMS time,so perhaps that's the cause of the flare up of this pain. I just don't know. I'm tired of it though! Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences/thoughts.
Sheesh, doctors these days! If the lesions don't cause pain, right where you are having pain, where would the pain be? It's an illness of the central nervous system, does your neuro mean to say that the lesions there, can't cause the nerves that spread from it to be in pain?

Anyways, I really hope the pain subsides for you! Are the NSAID's working yet? I pulled a muscle, a couple weeks ago, used some alleve and the pharmacist told me, I could use Tylenol, which really helped me out. Pharmacists are good an understanding drug interactions and warned me not to take any ibuprofins with the naproxen.

((and the only time I recall rib pain, was when I was pregnant with my oldest, kept his little foot on my ribs for several weeks...I truly feel your pain!! ))
GladysD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (06-27-2013)