View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 04:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Feeling helpless

Hi everybody,

It's been a long time since the last time I've posted (The rash cleared up by the way). I'm going through so much I just need to vent. I've officially had seizures for 1 year now and their still uncontrolled.

I'm officially severely allergic to dilantin, topamax, and lamcital. I'm not on any kind of medication because my neurologist has basically given up. I'd probably just break out again anyways. I probably average about 2-4 seizures a week and their really bad when my menstrual cycle starts. I'm trying to get in to see another neurologist but that's not going well. The office is completely booked until September 11th and I won't be able to afford the visit or medication because I lose my insurance on September 1st due to aging out.

I just lost my job because of the seizures and can't seem to find work. I've heard its nearly impossible to get disability. What's the possibility of getting disability without a lawyer that I can't afford?

I just don't know what to do. I feel like I'm up the creek without a paddle and the boat has a leak. My state doesn't like to help people without kids. The stress of it all is not helping and is a trigger for me. My family doesn't seem to really understand what it's like to have these seizures and all the problems it brings.

Thanks for listening.
Amoinete is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote