View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 11:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart I Am going on 2Years PCS

I was a half lost soul after a TBI. I had to fight for a year and five month's to get a diagnosis.In the fighting time with M.D.s I got nowhere!I was so fortunate to be in a great deal of pain and still fight and continue to search for a diagnosis. I told all the M.D.s from the start I am not taking ANY medicine until I get a diagnosis(made these M.D.s not like me so much).

I was falling apart,bed rest 9months out of 12,Insomnia for a year,running into walls,headaches,eye strain,horrible speech,relapse after relapse for a year and half etc.Until I was fortunate to find the one M.D. that was a neurologist that was sincere about his place in the medical profession. In December 2012 the neurologist ordered me to take a series of different test that was a neuropsychological testing and balance testing.

My results were very poor at that time for both tests.I started doing vestibular therapy mid January 2013,psychiatric medicine,physiatrist,physical therapy, started acupuncture in May and many changes in lifestyle.

Now 6month's after finally getting a diagnosis of waiting in a lot of pain for a year and half I have shown a great amount of improvement.I am cleared of my vestibular impairment and at a 98%. I had showed a lot of improvements from prevention medicine for headaches,neck aches,muscle spasms, major depression, and major anxiety/panic. Acupuncture was the icing on the improvements in so many ways for me from a wide range of tinnitus,TMD,moods,energy,headaches,soreness, the list goes on.

Now I am only left with a few cognitive issues that at this present time I cannot get therapy for, but will in time. I am trying my own cognitive therapy like I have since I got diagnosis of TBI.In the winter I made organic soaps, in the spring I started gardening and doing organization of house such as closets, drawers, paperwork of 2years etc.My new cognitive therapy I am starting tomorrow is going back to school online with ADA help to finish my Master's. It will be interesting to see what results I get good or bad.Either way it can only help me.

I will keep posted and hope everyone finds this inspiring to keep fighting it will get better.Mia

Symptoms: Physical: I am always cold in any season!!I cannot tolerate anything pressure on my head(sun glasses,hats)longer then a hour,Lock jaw/Displaced TMJ, Dropsey, Hands go numb, Arms go numb, back of head numb (when asleep),Muscle spasms in face & upper body,migraines, concentration headaches, dizziness, nausea, neck and back trauma (from accident), tinnitus, extreme light sensitivity, noise sensitivity, EXTREME fatigue, impaired vestibular system, balance off, Pupils NEVER equal, disrupted sleep cycles,speech problems.

Cognitive: Cognitive Behavior, Brain fog, impulsivity, speech problems, word finding problems, slowed processing speeds, impaired visual memory, impaired complex attention

Emotional: Unable to handle stress or overstimulation without getting extremely irritable or angry, easily overstimulated, MAJOR depression, major anxiety, Panic attacks

Treatment so far: Treatment for PCS,PTSD,Depression & panic,Vestibular therapy, Physical therapy, Vitamin Schedule,Walking,No Dairy, No eggs, No caffeine, No artificial coloring, Sleep with 2 pillows, Very little sugars consumed, Eat healthy,No alcohol, Medications, limit stress and overstimulation.

~*~Learn to treasure yourself and your Divinity. Be willing to accept yourself completely. Be yourself, be graceful, be kind, be wild, be weird ... be true to yourself~*~

Last edited by MiaVita2012; 06-23-2013 at 11:51 AM.
MiaVita2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DFayesMom (06-23-2013), Lolo82 (06-26-2014), LostinTime987 (06-23-2013), poetrymom (06-23-2013), xanadu00 (06-30-2013)