View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 07:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concussed Scientist View Post
Please use this thread to post advice for new members along the lines of "if only I'd known that when I first got post-concussion syndrome".

Most of us are probably struggling with our symptoms trying to cope with our situation and find the best treatment. It is a learning process that unfortunately takes a while, but we do learn things along the way, things that would have helped us had we known them at the beginning.

Here is your chance to pass on what you have learned to any new people to this forum, who will doubtless be hoping that someone has some guidance for them in dealing with this horrible condition.

Perhaps this thread might help others not to waste time and energy before finding something that helps them.

Everyone is different and in different situations but, if enough people share their experiences of what they have learned, perhaps new readers will be able to pick out something that will work for them.

CS
My traumatic brain injury caused visual issues (midline shift syndrome and post trauma vision syndrome). I wore bifocals before the concussion and assumed I just needed new glasses to correct the blurriness and double vision. I went to eye doctor after eye doctor before I stumbled across an eye doctor who understood it was my brain not my eyes that was the problem. THE doctor to see is William Padula in Guilford, CT. He has patients who come from all over the globe and is the best in diagnosing and treating these conditions. The other suggestion for PTSD/TBI is Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment. There is a national study taking place right now (I just completed the treatment). It is amazing the results - it is non-invasive and no drugs are involved. I saw improvement in everyone in the study and think this is where treatment for a head injury should start. It works on healing the brain. It's used all over the world for head injuries - we're slow to the party thanks to the drug companies
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (06-28-2013), concussedlawyer (07-25-2013)