View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 01:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Not sure i can help but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
i take regular cabidopa/levodopa and the CR version, about 150mg every 3hrs and stop taking meds around 6pm.
lately seem to be doing pretty well in the morning but wearing off in the afternoon. cognitive function affected the most, tough to put my thoughts together, motor skills not affected as much, increasing my dosage doesn't seem to help, just have to suffer thru it and repeat the cycle with sleep fixing the problem. food might be a factor but have fasted and still get the same result. i'm reluctant to add more drugs, agonists make me too sleepy but they did help my motor problems.

just strange how it works so well up until about noon and then peters out.
I have found taking a high dose of 175 mg stalevo at 7am really gets me going well, then 100 mg at 10 am and 12 am.

From there I pretty much wing it, I take stalevo 100 and stalevo 75 and I tend to take the 75 in the afternoon as it hits the tremors but has less chance of dysks.

Sorry I cannot help more, I guess my revelation was that starting the day on a high dose (175 mg) and then attempting to just "surf the wave" by taking a reduced stalevo dosage (75 mg) in the afternoon does for me.

Hope you work something out, cannot believe how trial and error this drug regime really is.

Neil.
aftermathman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
reverett123 (06-24-2013), soccertese (06-24-2013)