View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 03:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Magi,

I will provide these links for you about root canal therapy and you can follow up on them as you wish.

The Roots of Disease Connecting Medicine and Dentistry by Dr Robert Kulacz.

The articles that are pro Endodontic therapy are easily obtainable. After all it is a multi million dollar profession! I will not provide those for you as they intentionally offer a partial explanation of the acutal procedure and completely neglect to inform about the risks associated with retaining an infected tooth.

The science regarding bacteria and infection is very simple and well documented in medical and dental literature but it is often written for the professionals rather than the public. So as a lay person, you will need to rely on other trusted sources. So perhaps you will find the work of Dr Meinig, Dr Kulacz, Dr Price, reliable sources since they all were in the thick of things and fortunately lived to write about it for the betterment of all people.

Good luck on your journey. I hope your research helps you make the choice that you feel is in your best interest.

Bryanna

QUOTE=iammagi36;991843]I tried to search for actual studies on pubmedDOTgov but I can't find anything pro or con. Could you point me to some scientific studies that prove this?
[/QUOTE]

I explained the highlights of this info to my dentist. She's also a personal friend so I can speak frankly. She hadn't heard about any of this but she agreed. She said there so many little canals in a tooth, not just the roots, it's impossible to disinfect it. She said that's why she refers most of her root canals to other dentists. It takes forever to do it right and even then it will never be antiseptic. She said it made sense to her that it would especially be undesirable to people with impaired immune systems. The problem is she felt people perceive an extraction as a much more major procedure than a root canal. It's also more expensive for an extraction bone graft and a bridge or a implant. She also acknowledges that implants aren't free from trouble either. Some people are allergic to the metals, especially titanium. What it seems we're dealing with is a brainwashed/misinformed/thrifty public, and dentists who don't have the guts, and fear they can't afford to buck the trend. Not to mention I'm sure they know bucking community standards can lead to lawsuits and other troubles.

I think if they were referred people who were already enlightened they would be more than glad to accommodate. It's just that it's hard to educate someone who all their life has been conditioned to believe otherwise in the short time a dental consultation allows. What's needed is some professional very well done illustrative videos to show them.
iammagi36 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote