View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 05:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Amoinete,

Darlene gave you some good advice to see an Epileptologist, I found they have been of more help than any neuro I've seen over the yrs. and they know how to treat epilepsy with the least amount of medicine. Just like you I broke out with a rash from lamictal and my advice to you is to stay away from tegretol and trileptal because all 3 of these drugs are very similar and I broke out with a rash from each one. To find the correct med for your sz. as the Dr. to do a DNA test on you by doing this test they will be able to find what sz. med works the best for you with the least side effects by matching up the enzymes and chemicals in your body to the meds. I had this done to find I was drug resistant to all sz. meds out on the market.

I'm sorry about your job but legally they are not supposed to lay a person off do to epilepsy or other health concerns. I found this out through the American Disability Act that was passed a few yrs. ago. To find more info. about this check out questions and answers about epilepsy in the workplace this will give you all the info you need or you can call the Epilepsy Foundation of America at 1-800-332-1000 and they can give you legal advice for free.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (06-25-2013)