View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 12:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hi, i am completely new. I need info regarding the ADR for cervical disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath1 View Post
Bunz, I know a person who works with my hubby that had the artificial disc done with dr. Dang at hotel dieu. He had a one level disc replacement last November and is doing great. I asked dr. Jhawar about it before my surgery and he doesn't perform them. So there is still controversy in our area, but it is being done. My dr. thought the tried and true ACDF was my best route, but they are being done here in Ontario. Interesting to see how different drs vary their opinion, even in the same office.

Cathie
Hi. I live in New Brunswick Canada, and desperately need info regarding Ard. I joined this support group, but don't really know if I am doing this the right way. I read this post and I can't tell you how happy I am to see someone from Canada. My disc has sequestrated at C6-7 and so far I have been offered only fusion which I do not want, and also been told by another NS that nothing could be done. There are many horrible aspects to my story, but I now need to find out how to get adr. The last NS I saw claims that the adr technology is being dumped, and that it is not available in New Brunswick, Canada. He claims any positive studies are being promoted only by the disc manufacturers, and no independent studies. Hard to believe. I would volunteer for a study, but don't know how to find who and where there is one available in Canada. Thank-you and apologies for anything out of order as this is my very first ever reach out.
hasmag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote