View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 09:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorm7guard View Post
Has anyone ever heard of a person having slight cerebral palsy along with being a slightly autistic adult? Upon growing up, this person has improved along the way a great deal, but still finds spasms in stomach (colon) that never goes away ) and has the feeling many times of exhaustion through the legs. If they have a hard day, the legs are the first to go , even though the problem was a great mental strain. Also upon growing up, this person was very shy (if that is what one could call it....their face would always be so red, and would really only communicate ("normally" ) to their family. In High School, this person was not smart but not dumb at all; has a good memory.
In school, this person was never given the opportunity to learn a foreign language. ....possibly the teachers or whoever was in charge felt that this person had enough to deal with , with the American language. I am inquiring if anyone knows of people in this situation? Any help or input, sure would be appreciated.
Dorm7guard
Your friend's story sounds very similar to mine. I have mild hemiparietal CP (my right hand is next to useless and my left is...not meant to be the dominant hand) and mild autism. My physiatrist said that sometimes CP or just low birth weight in general can cause other problems to surface.
ermintrude is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote