View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 03:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorry View Post
Annie, it could just be that yahoo choked and your reboot may have cured it.

In Tools > IE Options > Advanced > Browsing > uncheck install on demand IE and other. That should cause IE to ignore what the site thinks you need to view it.

I would give yahoo another try though. You never know.
uncheck install on demand IE was already unchecked, unchecked other.

went back to yahoo news and poked around, including the link that locked me last night. no problem. so either one of the changes i just made solved it or yahoo solved it or the internet pixies solved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorry View Post
I'm using Zone Alarmn 6 now, and I know when I have ad blocking or mobile control settings to high in ZA, surfing is a pita on some sites, because they just don't want to function at all unless you give them carte blanche to control your viewing. I refuse to go to those sites..
i have all sorts of stuff turned off. colors, fonts, animations, pictures. some sites don't have alt tags and i can't manage them at all. i tend to write them pointed letters. sometimes people write me back thanking me.

someday i will get the vbulletin people to size their alt tags, which is my main problem currently with this forum and any forum that uses the vbulletin software..

my experience has been that if a site is so poorly designed that i can't use it it doesn't have any useful content anyway.

some years ago the about.com page on writing html pages for persons with disabilities had a flash ad on it. i actually got it taken off.

so you seem to have solved my problems of the moment and made internet surfing a much safer experience for me. i very much appreciate your help.

wishing hugs and chocolate to everyone
annie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote