View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 04:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've used both gabapentin and pregabalin and although I would try gabapentin again, I wouldn't touch pregabalin with a bargepole personally. Gabapentin worked a small amount on my nerve pain but the effects wore off after about 3 months. I successfullybhad a few goes on it with breaks once the effect declined. I never had any problems coming off it. The only side effect I had was slightly slurred speech which noone but me noticed. Pregabalin was pushed as a wonder drug that would work for longer with no side effects. I started it in the middle of a 6 month long flare and didn't get any good effect from it at all. However it stopped me being able to orgasm and messed with my sleep so badly I asked to come off it. It was during this time that I had some scary cognitive effects also although I cannot be sure it was that (although I do feel it was). Giving it up was hellish, I haven't met anyone who's doctor warned them of withdrawal. 6 weeks of brain zaps and major insomnia. Never ever again!
KathyUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Djhasty (06-26-2013)