View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 02:44 PM
anon20160311

anon20160311

I'm a diet nut. I've cured a lot of my illnesses with diet changes. I've been on a modified paleo low carb diet for about 5 years. I've been experiencing the following sequences for about 3 years:

* Recurring right-side migraine headache
* Recurring right-side neck ache
* Sleep disturbance
* One bout of kidney stones
* Right ear ringing and "whooshing"
* Recurring bacterial ear infection
* Recurring blurred vision
* Recurring sinus aches and sinus infection
* Recurring nose bleeds

These symptoms responded to changes in posture. I stopped sleeping on my stomach, and I stopped slumping while lounging. The symptoms also responded to elimination of eggs, yellow corn and tomatoes, and to curtailment of coffee intake.

Prior to this week, I had blamed my condition on a combination of neuromyelitis optica (NMO) and thorassic outlet syndrome (TOS). Then I read Dr. Jack Kruse's blog entry about pseudotumor ceribri.

http://www.jackkruse.com/cpc-6-pseudotumor-cerebri/

Pseudotumor ceribri is another term for idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH). I was elated. One diagnosis explained all my symptoms.

But read Dr. Kruse's blog entry. Dr. Kruse explains that vitamin A is connected with IIH via its ability to affect the effects of blue light. Vitamin A is a "carotenoid". Carotenoids are a family of red and orange polyphenol dyes contained in foods. The body uses carotenoids to regulate the effects of blue light.

As shown some of my symptoms were caused by coffee, yellow corn, egg yolks and tomatoes. These foods all contain carotenoid dyes. Some of them contain small concentrations of pure vitamin A. All of them contain non- vitamin A carotenoid dyes.

I'm saying to try eliminating yellow corn, eggs, tomatoes and coffee. See what happens.

I should add that eliminating dairy also alleviated many of my symptoms. It just has no polyphenol association that I know of.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote