View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 03:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Tongue

Hi just read this and thought I would chime in, my Doc changed me from gabapentin 18mg a day on best days to lyrica 300mg morn and night. However after one month on it old problems I had with the feeling in my legs and feet have come back and left me really unsteady when walking. However on the other hand it gave me a sense of well being and I am now going out and meeting with people. I spoke to my dr and he said I should not take gabapentin with lyrica as they are both the same. I beg to differ on gabepentin my pain level was down a lot and I could manage, but my sense of well being was nil, this reversed when I was started on lyrica. Now I am taking both, about 300 mg of the gaba and the 150mg of lyrica, I take the gaba one hour before bedtime and I intend to take it about 2 hours after the lyrica in the morning, I hope I will get the best out of both of them, fingers crossed. I honestly cannot see why they would not work together, they are from the same family and there is definately a difference in the way they work and I am not willing to take my doctors advice as he then told me he had no idea how to help me! so I will see how I go. God bless angel x
angel04 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote