Thread: photophobia
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 06:13 PM
anon22217

anon22217

Dear xanadu, im just curious what othet vision symtoms did you have?
Thank you so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehiroko View Post
Ive had photophobia in the left eye that fluctuates at times. Ive seen a neuroopthamologist and an optimetrist and both said my eyes are fine. Do i really need to see a functional optometrist? Its so expensive! And would I really benefit from vision therapy or should I just let this resolve on its own.

Thank you so much!!

QUOTE=xanadu00;989935]I've had photophobia since August 2011. My experience has been similar to DFayes Mom's, though I was not diagnosed with as many visual problems. I also did 6 months of vision therapy, which apparently corrected my visual problems (my test scores were coming out right), but didn't help at all with my eye strain or photophobia.

I wear FL-41 tint lenses, which really helps. I have two different pairs--one with a heavy tint and one with a light tint. I have to really limit computer time, and have mad a lot of modifications to reduce the light from my computer. For the eye strain and headaches, I started taking a muscle relaxer (Flexeril) a few months ago, and it is helping quite a bit.

Download and install f.lux on your computer. It filters out the blue light and is much easier on the eyes. After you download it, click the icon in the lower right-hand portion of the screen and change the settings so that it's always on the "after sunset" setting.

Download and install it here. It's free and it only takes seconds:

http://justgetflux.com/

If you have a PC, right-click on your desktop and go to 'personalize'. From here, go to visual display (depending on which version of windows you're using, the wording varies). You can change your monitor display from windows basic to "high contrast black." The latter setting greatly reduces the light reaching your eyes, though it can also make it difficult to see text of some colors while you're online.

I'm too tired and foggy right now to think of more, but I may check back in to this thread later and see if I forgot anything.

Peace.
[/QUOTE]
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote