View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 08:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Multi Tasking and Multi Conversation

Before my accident, I use to multi task quite efficiently. Since the accident I can only deal with one thing at a time. I forget, get confused and get a headache if I try to do a couple of things at a time.

It is the same with conversations, I can speak with one or two people which seems to be manageable, but once there is a small crowd, I get tired and trying to follow the conversation is too hard.

I have not been able to return to work and they have ask me to consider another profession (I am an accountant). Due to my post traumatic vision syndrome, reading, working on the computer etc. may always be limited (no one knows).

Someone suggested me becoming an event coordinator, but I realize I could not do that as there are too many details and too much pressure. I am considering expanding my management business to include something where I can hire people to work and I just manage and be able to work around my pcs symptoms.

It important to realize what is hard for you and what you can manage and try to find employment that will fit.

One of the first pieces of advice that was given to me was not to go back to work until you are ready. A lot of people try going back to work because they need the money/work etc and end up being fired because they really can't handle it.

Good luck.
MVA March 2012 pcs, post traumatic vision syndrome, convergence insufficiencies, vision mid line shift syndrome, gaze stabilization and vision tracking. Fatigue, headaches and sore eyes are main issues.

Current activities: chiro, massage, prism glasses, vision therapy, yoga, meditation, aquafit classes and rest.....
NormaW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote