View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 11:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Mad Deer Antler Velvet

2 weeks ago I sustained a "mild concussion". I was starting to see some improvements but felt set back and convinced I had reaggrivated my inflammation after shaking my head "no" way too fast and then later the same day looking down at my feet too fast out of instinct because I thought there was a bug on my foot.

About 2-3 days later (yesterday) I did some research and foolishly consumed deer antler velvet extract that is mostly IGF-1. The night after I went to sleep fine and woke up in the middle of the night for no abnormal reason. I decided to take a couple more drops under my tongue (as directed) of the deer antler velvet extract. I then went back to bed and had a vivid lucid dream of getting up out of bed and being so dizzy (vertigo like symptoms) that I fell onto the ground. Again just a dream. However I then woke up and felt the same. Ever since I've been having what seems to be increased symptoms and this vertigo feeling everytime I lie down. I hope that this is just a coincidence as I think I have an ear infection as well and vertigo is a symptom of this. Does anyone have any experience or know anyone that foolishly took deer antler velvet in hopes of 'reducing inflimmation' to the brain and healing quicker, as claimed here on the specific brand that I used company's website. I wasnt able to post the link because I am a new member but a simple google search of "deer antler velvet concussion fong" should find you the link to the document. It is the second link down in the google search.

Does anyone worry for me that 1-2 doses of this stuff could have set me back further in my recovery or is this probably all in my head? I couldnt find any threads on this before and thought it necissary to have a discussion on this issue. Thanks. Mark In Idaho I am waiting for your response as you seem to be the forum expert on all things PCS and concussion related.
teaaquinn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote