View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 07:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

((((((Rashelle)))))),

I've found that both Cymbalta (duloxetine) and Effexor XR work equally well for me to knock the pain back to next to nothing.

You have to be real careful with these, though. I've actually gone into withdrawal after a week of not taking the Effexor XR because of problems getting to the pharamcy in the winter.

Both of these drugs require you to taper off. You can't just quit cold turkey. You'll be in withdrawal for months. A good taper progam from your doctor or from someone who knows the drugs really well http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/wdrawl/ will ensure that you don't have problems going off the drugs.

If you're really 'curious' to see if you're still better off the drugs, I'd ask the doctor about tapering off. You can always go back on, if you don't like what you feel like off them.

You have so many BIG, HARD responsibilities, why would you want to find out if you're OK without the meds?? Is someone criticizing you for taking medication??

((((((Daisy May)))))) <<-- pretty name!!

I figure drugs are just like eyeglasses or insulin or shoe lifts. They're tools to help you cope better. I don't think that someone who needs insulin has a lack of control ... or someone who wears eyeglasses should be able to see without them.

I think that if there's a tool that helps you function either with much less pain or with no pain and makes it easier to live your life and take care of your responsibilities -- I don't see anything wrong with using the tools that are provided to you by The Universe.

BIG gentle hugs for the room.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote