View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 11:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes yes, slings are veryyyyy helpful. I still wear mine everytime I go to an airport and should have been wearing it when taking public trans because I got bumped a few times and it hurt like hell. But now my fam drives me around and they are all aware they need to drive very cautiously when I am in the vehicle. For post surgery, it is a must, because you definitely cannot take ANY risk of people bumping you whatsoever, it also makes people around you naturally more helpful because they can physically see you a disability. But at the same time, your arm may not like that position soon after surgery. I remember after my surgery, I had to wear it for a while, but after a few weeks my arm hated that position and therefore I hated wearing it. Also, I should mention I didn't have a "sling" because it pushes down on your shoulder and is not good for people with TOS. I have an "arm mobilizer" sort of heavy duty, was given to me by my last surgeon and I still use it sometimes. It wraps around your waist and keeps your arm in a similar position a sling would, without the weight of a strap on your shoulder/back/chest.

-6/20/14 Seroma Drainage Right Side

-7/18/13 Re-do of Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression by Resection of Cervical Rib, First Rib, and Neurolysis

-8/30/12 Unsuccessful Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression via Scalenectomy, Brachial Plexus and C2 through T1 Neurolysis, Resection of fibrous band attachment to Cervical Rib and Pectoralis Minor Tenetomy

Last edited by parbie; 06-25-2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: more info to add
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote