View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 03:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm frustrated today myself

Went to my daughter's athletics evening yesterday with the rest of the family, she so wanted me to watch her and it was a nice sunny evening for a change. There was a little distance to walk between where my husband could drop me off and the field, but I took it slow and got there ok, but I could tell the others weren't used to me being there and slowing them down, and I felt a real muppet trailing along. The evening was two hours, and by the end it was a lot cooler and I was aching all over. I started off sitting on a grass slope which was ok, then a friend of ours came over and lent me a camping chair bless him. I stood to watch each of her races but sat sensibly for the rest, and then at the end we had to walk back to where the car was parked, which was quite a bit further than before. My husband couldn't bring it up as all the other cars were going the other way, so I walked there, nice and slow. I was really pleased with myself as its the furthest I've walked for a long time...

But last night I was in so much pain with my leg from toe to hip, and it took me ages to sleep. This morning I feel about a hundred and I'm moving at a glacial pace....from one evening in the sunshine! Grr. It's not like I tried to stand all the time, walked for miles or tried to walk fast, or anything else daft. I hate this 'new normal', I want to be me again and dash around being the busy, energetic and efficient one!! I know I can't be, I know it's not my fault, but O...M...G... I wish wishes were real and fairies existed and magic wands worked and I had one under my bed. I'd be waving it now!!!

Oh well. I did it anyway. Whoop. Go me. Ouch.

Hold your head up high everyone, we know the fight we have going on every minute of every day, we know how much effort all this takes. Well done to us all for trying to do anything at all I keep telling myself that.

Bram

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vrae (06-26-2013)