Thread: advice
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 06:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I just saw this -- I'll try to help.

C2-3 Mild diffuse (spread out) disc bulging with small foraminal bone spurs bilaterally (both sides).

C3-4 Diffuse rear disc bone spur complex into right foraminal position. The foramen are the holes that the nerves pass thru to get to the spinal cord. There is moderate to SEVERE right foraminal stenosis and mild to moderate left foraminal stenosis. No central stenosis. This means the holes are getting narrow.

C4-5 Diffuse rear disc bone spur complex extendiing into left foraminal position. There is bilateral facet arthropathy. The facets are "wiing-like" structures on each side of the spinal cord. You can sometimes see and feel them if you hunch your back. Arthropathy is disease of the joint, so there is facet joint disease. There is moderate left foramnal stenosis (see above) and mild to moderate right foraminal stenosis.

C5-6 Diffuse rear disc bone spur complex which narrows the front subarachnoid space without causing central canal stenosis. The subarachnoid space is a space that runs the whole length of the spinal cord.
There is bilateral facet arthropathy (see above) and moderate to SEVERE foraminal stenosis.

C6-7 Mild diffuse disc bulge in left paracentral position. Mild left foraminal stenosis.

C7-T1 Normal

T1-T2 Mild diffuse disc bulge with right paracentral disc herniation as well as broad based disc herniation in left foraminal position. Moderate left foraminal stenosis.

Surrounding paraspinal within normal limits. Cervical spinal cord signal within normal limits.

I think if I were you, I would take these films to A NEUROSURGEON for an OPINION ONLY and see what he says. If he mentions surgery at all, make SURE you get 2 MORE opinions from OTHER NEUROSURGEONS. Never take one doctors opinion when it comes to surgery.

The thing I'm concerned about is the SEVERE STENOSIS. You may not need surgery at all, but you should at least be looked at by a Neurosurgeon!!!

Please let us know what the surgeons say, ok? Best of luck and God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
deterfuzz (06-28-2013)