View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 06:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My patient/ friend stopped taking sinemet over approximately 12 months time. Using the method of making liquid version (dissolving the sinemet pill in water and adding ascorbic acid and shaking) Decreasing the amount taken ever so slightly every week. But, during this time, she was also taking fava bean supplements to replace the l-dopa that she was getting from sinemet. I think it would be VERY hard to quit taking l-dopa..it is what makes me functional. I am only 60 and still have life in me and things I'd like to do. There is alot to consider when you have a physically disabling condition and taking prescribed meds. We all have to make choices in Life...weighing pros and cons...personally, going natural was the only option I considered after reading and seeing the side effects of synthetic l-dopa . But, if I hadn't started my research before my condition became worse...I never could have started it afterward. Looking back, I had a very small window. God placed the right people in my path and right experiences to prepare me for what I needed to accomplish before the worsening symptoms hit. If the fava tincture that I depend on had not been started exactly when the first one was...it may never have been made. God has a perfect plan and perfect timing for all things.
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
12stargate (07-28-2013), MeAndPD (06-26-2013), SarahBain (04-05-2015)