View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 10:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default B12 Deficient - Newly diagnosed

Hi there

I am 3 days diagnosed with a B12 deficiency of 119 pmol/L. I had 1mg of IM Hydroxocobalamin the same day blood results came back and the Doctor I saw advises I will need these monthly for next 3 months then review.

Soooo... I am just now digesting all that a B12 deficiency is, and boy it's a lot to take in, and I find that the internet searches I do mostly seem to be putting fear in me, so I have stopped that LOL, although I have to say I am most grateful that I got diagnosed at all it seems.

It all makes sense to me what I have been feeling these past 6 to 8 months maybe longer, moody, irritable, constantly saying to people "I just don't know what is happening to me". The lack of energy, forgetting things a lot, feeling tired all the time, feeling like I am in a grumpy foggy cloud of just get on with it feeling...but knowing something is a bit OFF per say. I have gone from someone with so much spark, to just running on empty.

I decided that if I went to see a doctor I would be told I was depressed, given a tablet and told to exercise to feel better, but in my heart I knew that what has been happening to me is not a depression, but I could not think of what else it could be, and resigned to maybe it will just all go away.

The reason I even went to the doctor at all at the weekend was I now have numbness in my foot that came on suddenly and bingo - B12 deficient.

I suppose my next step is to find out why? I think there are other tests that I need to ask for. The doctor I saw explained nothing about this B12 thing nor how I have it nor what has been happening to me. I suppose my post today is just to reach out to those who may offer advice and help my mumble jumble mind right now. I would be most grateful to connect to you all.

Take care K
Kiwigirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote