View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi there.

Well today was absolutely fascinating. My friend (the one with the new MacBook Air), also has an IPAD and an Itouch, as well as a cell phone.

She is computer literate but not youtube literate or any kind of word processing literate. I am most literate in those two subjects.

She wanted to view some youtube videos but for whatever reason, youtube would not let her.

So I told her I would set up a youtube account for her (from my house). She said 'you can do that??" I said "It's easier for me to do this from my house than to spend the rest of the day showing you how to register, create accounts, passwords, etc. when all you really want to do is go on youtube.

So I went home, created a google email for her which was the first step in creating a youtube account. Since it's been synched up they really walk you through your paces, creating passwords, (then they either accept the pw, or they tell you it's not strong enough). I was picturing her sitting at her laptop, tearing her hair out.

So I went to her house, handed her a piece of paper with all account user id's, passwords, email addresses and she was THRILLED.

I said "let's try to access youtube on the MAC", and once you sign in, you will probably never have to sign in again because you will check "keep me signed in".

She signed in and GOT ON YOUTUBE. Well!!! it was so cool to watch her do this. She is deaf and has other health issues but is so adorable and her brain is like a sponge. She is an expert lip reader and one would never know she can't hear.

Then we went to the IPAD. Same thing, she signed in, and everything worked. We did the same with her other mobile devices. THEN we went to TextEdit (remember, I've never even seen an Mac in my life up close), but I"ve been learning how to use it by watching youtube video tutorials. Well, I had her creating documents, and saving them and copying and pasting.

Never had so much fun in my life. So she's now using all her devices, going on youtube, Facebook, doing her emails and she's happy as a clam.

And I had fun.

I wonder what I'll learn next!!! lol lol. Thanks so much for all your information.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote