View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 11:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, Your results for the second round of IVIG may give me the courage to try it again. Unfortunately, it is schedule in just over 2 weeks. I hope I recover by then. I am going to ask if they can push IV fluids with the IVIG, maybe that will help.

I am beginning to think most of the symptoms may be aseptic menningitis. How did they treat your aseptic menningitis? Were you hospitalized. I am just surprised that the nurse that was here or the neuro I spoke with, did not mention that. I thought they would put you in the hospital for something like that.

But I also think there is some hemolytic anemia too. My rbc have been heading down for 2 years and my rdw and mchc have been moving up and abnormal for 2 years. the high bilirubin and ast & alt can be due to a hemolytic anemia too. Pernicious anemia runs with other autoimmune diseases like MG. Substitute neuro said if my counts don't improve they were going to send me to a hemotologist.

I already have MG and hypothyroid, both of which make you weak, now anemia too - more weakness.

It looks like they will need to operate on my thyroid, I hope they can do the thymus at the same time. Surgery is what caused my MG to go full-blown 2 years ago.

I think it is going to be a rough summer.
kathie
cait24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote