View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 11:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

ugh, i know this summer heat in itself is enough to make it so much more difficult! I literally melt!!!

Yes, I probably drink at least 5 quarts of water on infusion day, plus 300cc iv fluids before and 300cc iv fluids afterwards.. I knwo some people at the infusion center get IV Fluids during the infusion as well..

well, I was already in the hospital when it all happened the first time - it was during my loading dose of IVIG (it was 3 days worth), and it was pretty awful.. I felt like I had the flu x 1000.. horrible body aches, AWFUL headache and temp to 103- i woke up and rang the nurse for motrin.. and then started to throw up and said - no I need something IV.. so they did IV toradol - it was AMAZING!!!! helped a ton.. my spine and head hurt so badly to move - just barely walking so gently on the ground hurt all the way up my spine.. i've had it two times milder - each time with a bit of a stiff neck and throbbing headache.. the last two times I didn't even tell them about it - as the main treatment is just comfort measures and hydration.. So, I took 600mg motrin every six hours, plus or minus tylenol and drank a ton of water.. but did feel weak for a good week or more afterwards due to it

when i was in the hospital they put me in isolation and gave me two iv antibiotics and an antiviral as they had done an LP on me to figure out what I have (i had crashed, coudln't breathe, and barely lift my legs - so I got admitted).. the LP came back half polys (could be bacterial), half lymphs (viral).. so they gave me all of those antibiotics- I think it was so silly, as everyone knew it was aspetic, so no abx are needed! but they waited for the cultures to confirm it..

as far as the anemia goes - most women run a touch anemic.. or at least it's VERY common.. due to menstral issues, diet etc.. I don't know if the bili being elevated to that degree signifies anything or not?!? with the dark urine it may .and with the elevated LFT's... I know if i don't drink enough water the days after IVIG I won't urinate very often, as, it seems to really dry you out (hence, why it can be bad for your kidneys).. I know when I was pregnant and throwing up a ton my LFT's were elevated into the 70's.. but no one knows why i was sooo sick the entire pregnancy either

oh, I know isn't it great how all these things run together! I have a sibling with crohns and I have all the same symptoms - ahh... fun fun!

yes, surgeries scare me now, since my last procedure made me go downhill and fast.... but as long as the surgeon/anesthesiologist knows your condition it should be good
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (06-26-2013)