Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccglutenfree View Post
Chemar~

I'm curious to hear more about the The Makers Diet. I've heard of the book, but I'm curious about what dietary changes are recommended? From what I've read, both yeast and gluten may have possible implications in Crohn's disease. Has your son been tested for Celiac Disease?

I've got a few entries about Crohn's in TGF.

I also wonder how the The Maker's Diet compares to the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, which also helps some with Crohn's.

It is great to hear your son is having positive changes in response to dietary changes!

Cara
Hi Cara
I posted a bit more on the thread that I started about the Maker's Diet

Yes, my son has been tested for celiac but it is not a problem. He did have candidiasis tho (GIT yeast infection) which we have successfully used the diet and Candida Clear by NOW to eradicate

it is really hard to explain the Maker's Diet in comparison to others as it is very much a whole foods diet and, dependent on individual allergies, all pure and natural foods are ok, with the emphasis on ancient Biblical dietary guidelines. The premise being, these guidelines werent merely for ritualistic religious purposes, but because God, the Maker, knows best what is good for us to eat!
The emphasis of the intitial 40 day diet is to balance insulin, and reduce infection and inflammation. Foods are eliminated and added to the diet via three 2 week phases, and there are also three levels of following the diet...basic, intermediate and advanced, with advanced being recommended for those with chronic health issues.

Once one has completed the 40 day plan, one's diet is maintained as per specific health needs

I cannot emphasize enough how beneficial it has been for my son, and how helpful the recipes are.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote