View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 04:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey guys, I honestly dunno what I'd do without you. You all keep me marginally sane (oh who am I kidding?) and laughing! You're a great support, you know that? All of you.

Kim - I don't know how you do it, without belittling this bloomin' awful thing we all have, you sound like you have real Wonder Woman strength in there and haven't given up on giving life your all. Your dog sounds lovely too. Our dog is like a little torpedo, she's a staffie, but also likes fetching/running games when I'm not up to the walks. I hope your husband is better soon

Hasmag - it kindof works differently over here, our records get centralised and relevant stuff is passed on to new doctors at the referral stage by the GP or what's on the computer system (if the doctors are in the same area). My pain docs had all the records from my previous pain doc, and just have royally cocked up my care by their own work. I'm not so sure it's what they've done so far (other than the meds side of things), it's about how he's not listened. He doesn't have a clue where I'm at - as far as he knows I have a bit of backache that's all in my head, he doesn't ever want to hear the real symptoms. There's a formal complaint in anyway, they won't find in my favour as all docs cover their backs but I won't be a doormat any more either.

Well, I ended up at the out of hours GP last night after ringing 111 for advice (non-emergency helpline that has replaced our out of hours GP service's number). They had to put me in a dark corridor to wait as the waiting room lights were so bright I couldn't stand it even with my sunglasses on and my jacket wrapped round my head lol. I looked a total divvy. So anyway, I had my blood pressure checked, 150/90, high for me but apparently not scary high. He said it was a bit of a "super migraine" and gave me an injection of metoclopramide for the nausea. He would've given me a shot of codeine and diclofenac but I can't have either, typical of me lol. He said it would only sort the nausea but it might help me get through the night til my GP was open. They don't have a full range of medications available there, especially not at 1.30am! Anyway they slung me in a taxi home and I went straight to sleep, and woke up ok. Bit tender but the migraine itself has gone. I was told I'd have to go on prophylactics of some sort given how bad it was. I've been on propranolol in the past for them so I don't mind for the sake of not having a rerun!!! My arm is delightfully bruised from the injection, I'm tough normally but bloomin' heck it's achey and tight!

Thanks for all the help and support guys
KathyUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon6715 (06-27-2013), birchlake (06-27-2013), Brambledog (06-27-2013)