View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 06:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi pearlescent,

Welcome to the forum! From what you are describing it sounds like you may be having simple partial sz. also known as aura sz. often this happens to me and I will start to smell a gas or deviled eggs along with seeing colors flash back and forth in my eyes and get a nervous feeling in my stomach. The moment any of this happens I tighten up all the muscles in my body and make my hands into tight fists and this will stop the sz.

When you have the e.e.g. done ask the tech or Dr. ordering the test to have them flash different color strobe lights one at a time because it sounds like you may be photosensitive which means certain colors are triggering your sz. This happened to me with flourscent green, amber, and bright white. This may be one reason why you feel you may have been dreaming while on your computer also.

Darlene is correct start seeing an Epileptologist they specialize in epilepsy and know how to treat it along with giving a person the least amount of meds. to control the sz.

From now on get a calendar and write down each time you feel a possible sz. write down what time it happened and a description, by doing this the neuro you see may see a pattern in the possible sz. I would also start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day this will help calm the nerves and reduce sz. you can buy it right over the counter so you don't need a prescription. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pearlescent (06-28-2013)