View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 01:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Kathie 3 weeks ago now I had a 5 day series of Gammaguard and had a bad reaction as well, I ended up in the hospital having blood transfusions. The dark urine is the key, you are most likely having a reaction called hemolysis. I had similar blood work results and what's happing is you are sensitive to one of the antibodies in that batch of IVIG.

The antibodies that you are sensitive to are attacking your red blood cells killing them off, thats why your urine is dark, your bilirubin is up and hematocrit is low. I am shocked with these results that they are giving you just antibiotics. The main issue is your losing red blood cells at a rapid rate and going into hemolytic anemia which results in weakness, tiredness etc. I could hardly stand for about a week and needed 2 transfusions to keep from going into shock.

What is your hemoglobin at? It should be greater than 14.2 that will be an important number, mine went as low as 7.

I would ask the doctor you are able to talk to about hemolysis due to the IVIG it does happen...

Last edited by joefnh; 06-27-2013 at 02:29 PM.
joefnh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (06-27-2013)