View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 05:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default That isnt' what my Neuro said yesterday

I have occasional (every 4-6 weeks it comes) that feels like someone is stabbing me in my spine at bottom of my shoulder blades. He gave me a specific name for this nerve pain (can't remember it). He pulled up my spine MRI and said yep..the lesion is there where you are describing the pain. He prescribed something called Tegeron. I forgot to get it filled yesterday, but sent my husband to get it because it started about 2 hrs ago. He says it will help but not eliminate it and it will start to work around 30 min after taking. I will let you know if it helps. NoteK I told my family doctor 4 months ago she gave me 550 MG of Naproxen Sodium and it doesn't help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desinie View Post
I get this pain right at my thoracic spine that goes right across where my bra is and in between the ribs on either side,but more on the right. Sometimes I only feel it right on my spine. I can even feel an indent on the right side between two of my lower ribs. I did have an MRI of my spine the end of November and I do have a lesion or two in my thoracic spine. My neuro said that spinal lesions do not cause pain right at the spot that they are located. My MRI also showed some degenerative changes in my cervical and thoracic spine.

My neuro told me the pain I have was caused from the degerative changes and to take NSAID's for 10 days as a trial to see if that helped , to do yoga and to apply heat to the area. None of this has helped much. Do any of you have a similar problem, pain in this area? What do you do that helps? The past few days the pain seems to be worse again. It's PMS time,so perhaps that's the cause of the flare up of this pain. I just don't know. I'm tired of it though! Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences/thoughts.
Mcsisters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (06-27-2013)