View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 10:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Concussion has been two weeks

Hi all,

I am very thankful I found this forum and I will be brief in my explanation.

My concussion occured almost 2 weeks ago tommorow. Without going into too many details, essentially I was walking alone late at night and a few people decided to beat the crap out of me, knocking me unconcious. I woke up in the hospital, not knowing what the hell went on. Please, no one talk about this with me, it does nothing but **** me off considering this was unprovoked.

Before the concussion, I worked out 5-6 times a week (weightlifting or basketball) and was healthy. I was in the hospital for 2 and a half days, and they said my face was healing remarkably and I was healing very fast and they let me go. I'm 24 years old.

Since then, where I was sleeping on average 18 hrs a day and barely eating, I have improved tons, but I still feel 'off'. I dont feel like myself, I get tired easily, and I frequently have afternoon naps (I sleep about 10 hrs a day). I have slowly improved each day, but as I said, I do not feel like myself. I feel slightly 'dumber', and slow to react. It also feels like my equiibrium is off.

I just want to know what my expectations should be for feeling great again? This is a very depressing time in my life, and wihle I am not as bad as some posts I've read (I am not super fatigured each day or have massive headaches) I want to get better and improve. Can a few of you kind folks help to reassure me and get me in the right direction to health? Its just pathetic how after the weekend I was attacked, I was interviewing for a career job and now that is down the tube.
Willgetbetter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote