View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 11:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello Bryanna and thank you for your answer.
The packing has fallen out or been absorbed, didn't take long... I think my body didn't really respond very well to it. The spots and blisters on my tongue has subsided and is looking better. The dental surgery is closed until Monday so I will see what happens, it seems better and is healing up. If worst comes to worse, I'm working Sunday and I'm in an ER s I'll just see someone there

The area seems to be healing up properly, its just the pain factor that is a problem at the moment... not even the packing helped really, the area seemed to get more irritated with it then helping, had massive amounts of saliva running as it was in there. Could be the reaction though. Guess I'll just stick to my pain killers and make sure I keep the area clean and that it looks nice and pink and healing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Rose Anna,

Having a dry socket means that the area is not healing well and needs attention. When the socket is packed, the pain subsides. It is then wise to get it repacked at least one to two more times within a few days of each other. If you have developed an adverse reaction to the packing material, then it is best to go see the surgeon tomorrow to have that packing removed and something else placed there instead.

So sorry you are going through all of this... don't hesitate to see the surgeon again for help.

Let us know how you're doing
Bryanna
Rose-Anna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote