View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 02:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Kim

Thanks ever so much, I will ask the GP about it today. I'm finally getting to see him lol, it's been a nightmare trying to get a face to face appointment.

Slightly off topic but I have done a bit of animal rescue/fostering over the years and a situation came about very quickly yesterday that has had an effect on things. My daughter was asked by a friend to take in a badly injured kitten that had been sat on by its owner and probably had at least two broken legs from the description. We traipsed across to the owner's house last night to see if they would let us help. They denied having the kitten (and we saw no evidence of it being there, so sadly presume it has passed away) but they asked us to take a mum and another kitten in instead (who were stinking filthy). Mum has just had an emergency spay as she had got pregnant immediately after finishing nursing the kittens. It hadn't been our plan but we have got both out. One healthy kitten is already in a permanent home with my sister and mum is recovering here. Sadly we can't keep her permanently but the little bitey nervous ball of tortie fluff has turned out to be a darling sweet little attention seeker who has spent the night asleep on my pillow next to me purring and gently pawing my face when she wants a stroke. Having her chill out with me has been just gorgeous. I wish we didn't have to home her out but we do have someone interested. She can be my therapy cat in the meantime while she gets back up to health. Baz nicknamed her Pea (cos shes diddy, get it?), my daughter nicknamed her Brie as she stank (the house was minging) but she has been getting called Toots with me because of her ginger toes and how she uses them to get attention.

Sorry to the non-animal folks, didn't mean to wander off there but I am just relieved they're both out of there. We have one of Connie's friends watching out for signs of the broken kitten just in case they were hiding it so we haven't given up there either xxx
KathyUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote