View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 06:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi pearlescent,

I wish you the best of luck with your e.e.g. and to find an Epileptologist just ask your family Dr. to refer you to one and they will be able to get you in quicker under your family Dr. request.
I will let you know that sometimes an e.e.g. will not show any problems and that's because the scar tissue or brain damage is to deep in the brain for the e.e.g. to show. You may have to have an MRI, CT scan, PET and SPECT scan to find out the details. I had all of these tests done before I had brain surgery to reduce my sz. and it only showed scar tissue on the right temporal lobe but when my surgeon cut me open they found brain damage on the frontal lobe and left temporal lobe that not a single showed because it was to deep in the brain.
If you are taking any prescription meds this could be a reason why you are unrinating a lot. I take Diamox and it gets rid of extra fluids in my body which can trigger sz. and so I have to use the restroom a lot. You should check with your pharmacist to be sure.
Cut back on the carbs and starch foods because they will turn into sugar in the body and this can trigger sz. for some people. Also nutra sweet (aspartame) can fire up sz. for many people. I found that out after buying diet soda and having many sz. I was told to stay away from anything with nutra sweet in it.
Good Luck with the e.e.g. and I wish you only the best. May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote