View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 01:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'll try to help a little:

First there is a benign hemangioma in the T9 vertebral body - this is a benign tumor of blood vessels that typcally occur as purplish/reddish elevated area os tissue.

There are Degenerative endplate changes noted T6-T12. The endplate is the axon of a motor neuron that contact with a muscl fiber.

Intervertebral disc: the small right paracentral disc herniation at T7-8 results in mild effacement (wiping out) of the right side of the thecal sac. The thecal sac is a membrane of dura matter that surrounds the spinal cord and cauda equina. The thecal sacis filled with cerebral spinal fluid. There is a probably perineural cyst on the right T11-T12 which contacts the exiting nerve root. A perineural cyst is one that is "about or surrounding" the T11-T12.

I'm glad he's sending you to a neurosurgeon, but from what I can see I do not think this is a surgical event. I hope not anyway. If the Neurosurgeon DOES mention surgery, take your mri films and report to 2 OTHER Neurosurgeons for opinions! NEVER take one doctors opinion when it comes to surgery! This is a life changiing event! You are never the same after surgery! So make sure you get 2 MORE opinions after this one!!!

Also rremember that surgery is NOT for pain. Surgery is only for mechanical problems. Usually you're left with the same pain or worse after surgery.

Also there is the "Domino effect" after surgery. That is where the levels above/below the surgery site fail, because they had to take on more of the load. That leads to more surgery. And after you have that repaired, the levels above/below THAT surgery site fail, so that leads to more surgery, and so on and so on, etc. It's a vicious circle. The doctors don't tell us about that. It happened to me each time I had surgery, and I'm not disabled.

So like I said, make sure you get 2 OTHER opinions after you see the Neurosurgeon!! Exhausting ALL CONSERVATIVE METHODS FIRST IS THE BEST way to go! Never jump into surgery unless imminent paralyzation is the danger. If i'd known then what I know now, I'd never had any surgery.

So best of luck and let us know what the Neurosurgeon says, ok? God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote