Thread: leg cramps
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 03:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Late Reading Your Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHYMEA View Post
HI, I am a newbie to this forum and it has already given me some insight to what i may need to accomplish to relieve some of my DIABETIC problems.
To start with i have NEUROPATHY OF THE LEGS and feet hopefully when i start
with a B12 regime and other supplements i may see some improvement.
What i had happen awhile back is i had bout with extreme leg cramps in both legs and on another forum there a poster on it that said his cramps were so bad he passed out from the pain,so is there a supplement that i can take along
with the other supplements so i may not get the leg cramps,thank you
Hi Whymea,

I am sorry I am so delayed in responding to your post but I just happened upon it today. Dehydration and metabolic imbalance are some causes of leg cramps. They can be so very painful and I am sorry to hear you are plagued with them. I have bouts of them and then they disappear. A relative had them ALL the time, never got any sleep because of them, was given quinine medicine among others and none were of any help. There are numerous remedies, some work, some don't and some only work for some people.

I would suggest that you drink some Gatorade like drink or just water before bed if they are nocturnal. That would help you get through the night if the cause is dehydration or metabolic imbalance. If they are caused by poor circulation, maybe a heating blanket or heating pad would help.

Wishing you relief.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote