View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 04:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay_elder View Post
Hello. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2008. Neuropathy has been giving me hell the last few months. I've seen a podiatrist & a neurologist she referred me to. My left foot has felt abt 50% asleep for 2 months. My neurologist says I need an EMG nerve test done,but won't do it cause I'm 460lbs. My feet aren't 100% numb. My big toes kinda are,but not completely. I already can't stand more than 5 minutes,cause of my back. Sooooo,can't walk for exercise. I'm stumped. I'm 41 & have already had one heart attack. I was 565lbs on December 1st 2012,& 450lbs on February 1st. All the neurologist has done is increase my Gabapentin..twice. I now take 900mg 3xdaily. Abt 3 months ago my feet were dark on top & on my toes,and felt like someone poured boiling water on em. Now this. I'm abt ready to give up. My blood sugars are always 70-120. Any suggestions?
I do not understand your reason for not having the NCS/EMG. What does your weight have to do with it? Your results may be more difficult to obtain during the test itself due to your weight but ??? Have you ever had one done? Congrats on your prior weight loss. Keep going as it really will help. You mentioned your BS levels but not your A1C levels. Do you know what they are? How often are you testing? Your neuropathy is painful but can be improved. You need to do all you can before you reach the need for amputation. Keep us informed. We are here for you. This comment sounds harsh but it is not meant that way. I am just VERY concerned for you.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
clay_elder (06-29-2013)