View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 06:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default bipolar after mtbi

Hello everyone,

I know I haven't been on here in a while but that's because I've been hospitalized since May 14'th in the psychiatric ward of my hospital. They are trying to find meds that can help me. It appears I am suffering bipolar episodes and it is unknown if the concussion caused it, triggered it or if it was always there just not bad enough to need help.

We have tried Effexor(became manic), Cymbalta (depressed,suicidal), Cypralex (extremely aggressive) and I am now on Zoloft with Seraquel to help as a mood stabilizer. I also take elavil 10mg for headaches which has always helped. They are lowering my dosage of Seraquel and are going to put me on Lamotrodine with the zoloft.

Is anyone familiar with this occurrence or had any luck with medications or resolving the bipolar symptoms without drugs? I know I've probably spelled all of the drug names wrong but I'm tired.

I hope everyone is doing well. It's good to see some of the old names not on here as much. Maybe it means they have gotten back on with their lives.

Take care,
CC

Ongoing symptoms include: dizziness, blurred vision, light and noise sensitivities, cognitive problems, uncontrollable emotions/depression/anxiety, headaches (but they're getting better), mental and physical fatigue, difficulty communicating and sleep disturbances.

Currently seeing a fabulous Neuro Psychologist and vestibular physiotherapist and hoping to soon see a neuro ophthalmologist. I am currently doing 20 minute stationary bike rides daily, 20 minutes of meditating, 15 minutes of Lumosity and lots of resting. I have not been able to work or drive since the accident.

The things that have helped me the most since the accident are vestibular therapy, gel eye drops (for blurred vision, sensitivity and dryness), amitriptyline (10mg), and meditating. I am finally starting to see some slight improvements and am hopeful!

My brain WANTS to heal itself... I just have to let it and stop trying to get better!
cyclecrash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote