View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 10:52 PM
----

10 yr Member
----

10 yr Member
Default Met another MSer

Today while out and about I went to a store here called Real Deals(dollar store) I saw these attractive ladies going in(25 years old maybe) and one of them was holding a cane. She appeared to walk fairly well, even saw her crouch down to a lower shelf at one point. She merely lightly held the cane and it didn't make contact with the floor half the time. She was definatley faster on her feet than me. Sooo I also had my cane with me and decided WTH, I'll see what happens. I end up doing a fly-by and she smiled at me and I back....She is facially beutiful and really just generally attractive. I had to ask and I asked her if she has MS....SHe said yepp and so the convos started lol. I just told her I haven't ran into many fellow MSers around town....turns out she is from Ontario Canada which sucks, because I was hoping she was a hometown girl.

She said she was three years into it and feels fine.

I dunno...just feels weird when I come across with someone else that has MS.... It's like "Hey! I'm one of you!" I guess I think just because I have MS I am automatically friends with everyone that has MS, but with her it was just "ho-hum, yepp, take care" and off she went. Like it didn't really matter to her that I too have MS.... she was like any other able bodied person that didn't seem interested.

Meh...it was somewhat disapointing.....guess I expected an intence conversation followed by hugs or something....
EricP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (06-29-2013), SallyC (06-28-2013)