View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 01:02 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycojade View Post
My son passed away in Feb & I have full custody of my 12 year old grandson; & today I filed for benefits for him. Since it's the weekend I have to wait till Monday to make a couple of calls. So I figured I'd ask a couple of questions here & hopefully get some answers. My grandson & I live alone & we are on foodstamps & medical assistance & also HUD. The only income I have is SSDI & it's a very low amount. His mother has not seen him for 9 years; this was her own choice; she gave my son full custody of my grandson. My son lived with me & we both raised him; up until my son died. . I receive no support from her as she is on SSI. Since she found out my son died --- she wants full custody of him. But, the judge gave me custody.
What I'd like to know is: Will the monthly benefits effect our foodstamps & our HUD? Thank you for any information you may have.
Any extra income you'd need to report. You should still be in better shape. He could have received benefits on your SSDI record as well, btw.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote