View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 05:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Exclamation

well it has been an up and down battle. i was released from henry ford hospital around june 4th back to the nursing home/rehab center. i had been referred there after my mri of my neck showed possible disc slippage pressing on my spinal cord and my neuro wanted me evaluated for surgery. new mri's showed the discs were not impinging on the spinal cord, the ms had caused lesion there, as i suspected. i got 4 days or so of ivsm followed by oral steroids. i was able to make arrangements to move out of my apt thanks to my sister and her husband, who cleared it out for me.
my niece told me my dad had had an "incident" when he realized my car was at my sisters. he had known i was in the rehab center, had even visited me once or twice with my sister, who was caring for him- but he had Alzheimers so sometimes he would get overly upset and obsessed about certain subjects- i had not called him while i was in the hospital so as not to worry him, but i called him june 6th after my niece told me- it was the last time i talked to him- he died the morning of june 8th in his sleep. it had been expected since last october, but unexpected at the same time since he didnt seem overly ill- he had aortic arch aneurysm which apparently started leaking a couple days earlier. i thank god he didnt suffer, as we had been prepared for the worst- a bloody, painful experience. my sister said when she found him, his arms were folded behind his head and his feet were crossed, after seeing him sleeping on his side an hour earlier, i left the nursing home and sat with him awhile, and proceeded to spend the next 6 days out for large portions of each day and was doing well amidst my grief. i was leaving for his internment and pt said i must come back afterwards or medicare would kick me out.
i came back after pushing my walker thru thick grass and uneven terrain and had some brutal therapy that really wiped me out. the next day my legs were were worse, and so on, another relapse had started. i fell using the bathroom that sunday evening- nothing broken but some nasty bruising and a wrenched back- and by tuesday i could barely stand even with my walker.

i'll continue this later...
ANNagain (07-01-2013), Kitty (06-29-2013), SallyC (06-29-2013)