View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 08:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Tammy,

I am currently the only one on this site who is knowledgeable about dentistry and what I do here is voluntary. I do my very best to be here as often as possible in between working and taking care of my family. So I apologize for the delay in my reply but I hope you understand.

You wrote:
<<< my dentist performed root canal... it was a single sitting root canal... my tooth was put to drain.. my doctor had told me that my tooth will drain all the pus/infection itself and told me to come after 5 days and on 5th day he filled my tooth but during those five days i had a sensation of infection getting in my nose/sinus area and ears.. >>>>

THE INFECTION CANNOT DRAIN FROM A TOOTH MAKING THE TOOTH HEALTHY AGAIN. IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WERE TOLD, IT WAS INACCURATE. ONCE A TOOTH IS INFECTED, IT REMAINS INFECTED IRRELEVANT OF WHAT IS DONE TO IT BECAUSE THE MICROSCOPIC CANALS CANNOT BE CLEANED OUT. THESE CANALS ARE NOT ABLE TO "DRAIN" AS THEY ARE FILLED WITH NERVE TISSUE THAT CANNOT BE ACCESSED OR REMOVED. WHEN A DENTIST LEAVES A TOOTH OPEN TO "DRAIN" THIS INDICATES THAT THE BACTERIA IS ABUNDANT AND IF HE CLOSED UP THE TOOTH YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN IN TREMENDOUS PAIN AND QUITE POSSIBLY ENDURED A LARGE SWELLING. THE ONLY WAY TO REMOVE THE INFECTION IS TO REMOVE THE SOURCE OF THE INFECTION WHICH IS THE TOOTH. YOUR SYMPTOMS MAY VERY WELL INDICATE A SYSTEMIC INFECTION IS BREWING. CT SCANS NEED TO BE SPECIFICALLY "DENTAL" IN ORDER TO PICK UP JAW BONE INFECTION.

I know this is a scary situation for you but you need to understand that this tooth is very unhealthy and is going to be a constant source of infection because there is no procedure that can make it healthy again. Perhaps you could talk with your dentist about removing it and discuss what replacement options you would have.

I wish you well........
Bryanna

thanks Bryanna for replying... but i dont feel any pain or swelling in that tooth now.. and i dont want to get it removed and my question is still the same ... can it cause the symptoms im experiencing in my ear and nose ? and as you told CT SCANS NEED TO BE SPECIFICALLY "DENTAL" IN ORDER TO PICK UP JAW BONE INFECTION. Doctors have taken so many xrays.. should i go for another ct scan ?
tammy09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote