View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 12:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I just had two days of Ivig on Wednesday and Thursday. From what I was told, I had a hefty dose of gammagard at 70 grams per day. I did okay the first day, but woke up with a headache the next day. As the day wore on, the headache got more severe, so they slowed the rate of infusion. Through the night and all day yesterday, I had a severe headache, and when I moved my head it would intensify. When I tried to touch chin to chest my neck would hurt down my spine to the level of my shoulder blades. Had numerous body aches and had to take narcotic pain reliever to dull it. Had a temp of 99.9, but considering my normal temp is 96.7, that was significant for me. I was told to drink Gatorade and hydrate as much as possible and continue Benadryl and pain meds. The doctor said if i went to the ER, they would only give me fluids and pain meds, and he didnt want to put me in the hospital unless he had to. Glad I stuck it out. This morning, I am not in pain and feel much better.
Now to wait for the good effects. I was told by the pharmacist that gammagard does not contain sucrose, which can be damaging to the kidneys.
limpy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (06-29-2013)