View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 03:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Worried sick about Bell's Palsy

6 Days ago I woke up feeling strangely awkward, it felt like I couldn't feel the left side of my face and when I made coffee in the morning I couldn't hold in all the fluid and that's when I began to worry something was wrong. I asked my mother if there was something weird with my face and my mom jokingly answered with "Your face is crooked" and since I diddnt tell her about how I felt I felt feint. I told her I was being serious and then she told me try to smile and to my dismay I couldnt smile on the left side of my face.

I went to the doctor the same day and the moment he walked in he took a look at me, told me to smile and quickly concluded that I was being affected by bells palsy. He prescribed Prednisone and Aclovir for me and told me I should begin to recover in 2-3 weeks and scheduled a check up for me in that time span.

My family has had a history with this condition both my grandfather and grandmother had it as well as my mother when I was a kid. All 3 of them have recovered in the span of 2-3 weeks and have fully supported me this past week telling me I will recover since my symptoms are no where as severe as they had it. Despite the constant support I feel afraid and depressed about not being able to move the left side of my face.

The Status of my condition is as is after 6 days of onset:

-Unable to move the left portion of my upper lip and face pretty much.

-My bottom Lip is totally fine it came back after 1 day strangely

-Being unable to fully close my left eye although it seems to be closing more and more each day.

-Super Sensitive hearing this is probably the most annoying aspect of my illness although im able to tolerate louder noises more and more each day.

-Being unable to fully expand my left nostril when I breathe but breathing is not an issue.

-Feeling skin "tremors" on the affected side of my face

-But I am glad to say that I can still hear, see, taste, feel, and smell the same as before I got this illness and the affected side of my face has not drooped at all and my face does not appear to be pulled.

I apologize if this post is too long but I had so much to get off my chest due to the scariness of this illness and pray everyday that I will wake up in the morning able to smile again. Now I understand how my family members must have felt when they had this illness and know just how god awful this condition is. I feel so strange and lost ever since I woke up with this condition.
BrokenSymphony is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote